- Show the students the crickets in the habitat container and explain where they came from.
- Give each pair of students one cricket in a container and two hand lenses.
- As the students observe the cricket, ask them questions to help them focus such as: "How does the cricket move? How many legs can you see? Does the cricket have eyes? Can you see wings on a cricket?
- Following the observation time have the students come back together as a whole class and share their answers.
- Give each students a diagram of a cricket and have them fill in the body parts.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
A Very Quiet Cricket
Read and discuss A Very Quiet Cricket. Explain to the students that this is the day that they will observe an insect and learn about its body parts.